Schedule an Appointment
If you need to submit a business filing or minister license application, or if you are requesting an authentication/apostille, please schedule an appointment to drop off the document in the Client Service Center at the Ohio Secretary of State’s office. Please click Schedule Appointment below and select your service, date and time, provide your contact information and any additional information the office should know to be prepared to assist you upon your arrival. You must arrive at your scheduled appointment time so we may ensure only one customer is in our Client Service Center at a time. If you are unable to make your appointment, please reschedule for another time.
Ensuring Employee and Customer Safety
To ensure the safety of both the customer and employee during all in-person appointments, please follow these guidelines:
- The Client Service Center will have a partition between the customer and employee.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
- Employees will wear masks.
- Customers are required to wear masks throughout the appointment
- Appointments are limited to one person per appointment, when possible.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers should perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please cancel your appointment and submit documents online or by mail.