File Reports Online
PLEASE NOTE: Online Campaign Finance Filing with the Secretary of State’s Office is permitted only for those committees that file reports with the Secretary of State’s Office. Local committees must file all reports with their board of elections. See below for local and county filing information.
State Level Filing Information
- File Reports Online using CFOFS
File Online | Campaign Finance Online Filing System User Manual (PDF)
- Upload File into CFOFS
How to submit a campaign finance report by CFOFS using the Upload function (PDF)
- Upload Digital Documents to a Report
Instructions for uploading digital documents to a campaign finance report (PDF)
You may contact the Campaign Finance Division of the Ohio Secretary of State`s office at 614-466-3111, or by email, if you have any questions.
Local/County Level Filing Information
- User Guide - Account Creation & Management (PDF): This guide is intended for first time users looking to create a user account and existing users looking for step by step instructions on how to manage multiple committees as a single account.
- User Guide - Filing a Designation of Treasurer (PDF): After creating an account, this guide will walk you through the system on how to begin filing a Designation of Treasurer as well as explain the process for the treasurer and deputy treasurer electronic signature to acknowledge their appointment and responsibilities.
- User Guide - Updating Committee Information/DOT (PDF): This guide will walk existing entities step by step on how to change treasurers, add a deputy treasurer, or update committee contact information by filing an updated designation of treasurer.
- User Guide - Creating and Submitting Campaign Finance Reports (PDF): This guide takes you step by step through filing a campaign finance report. Whether you need to enter contributions, expenditures, loans, debts, or other income, each section is designed to help you stay organized, but show you how to jump around if you so choose.
Still have questions? Find your Board of Elections’ contact information: County Directory