Helpful Campaign Finance Links
In addition to the disclosure requirements of their campaign committees, candidates may also be required to disclose certain personal financial information with other regulatory agencies.
OHIO ELECTIONS COMMISSION
Responds to and advises interested parties on matters of campaign finance and fair campaign practices.
OHIO ETHICS COMMISSION
Oversees standards for statewide, county, and city candidates, as well as candidates for boards of education.
FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION
Administers and enforces federal campaign finance laws.
Personal Financial Disclosure
In addition to the disclosure requirements of their campaign committees, candidates may also be required to disclose certain personal financial information. These personal financial disclosure statements are filed with one of the following regulatory agencies, depending on the office to which the candidate is seeking election:
- Ohio Ethics Commission www.ethics.ohio.gov
(Statewide, county, and city candidates, as well as candidates for a board of education)
- Joint Legislative Ethics Committee www.jlec-olig.state.oh.us
(Candidates for the Ohio House of Representatives or the Ohio Senate)
- Ohio Supreme Court - Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline www.bpc.ohio.gov
(Judges, judicial candidates, and magistrates)
- U.S. House of Representatives – Office of the Clerk clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial.aspx
(Members and candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives)
- U. S. Senate www.ethics.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/financialdisclosure?p=overview
(Members and candidates for the U.S. Senate)
- Federal Election Commission www.fec.gov
(Candidates for U.S. President and Vice-President)