COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose reminds voters that the deadline to register to vote is TOMORROW, Monday April 8, 2019.
“If you want to make a real impact, it starts with voting in local elections. The decisions being made this spring are going to have a real impact in your own backyard," said Secretary LaRose. "By registering to vote by Monday, Ohioans will make sure their voice is heard.”
Register to Vote/Update Your Address
The deadline to register to vote or update an existing registration ahead of the May 7 Primary Election is TOMORROW, April 8 (28 days before the election).
- Voters may go to MyOhioVote.com to register online or update an existing registration.
- Voter registration forms can also be printed from MyOhioVote.com or obtained from a local library or board of elections office.
- Voter registration forms may also be found at any office of, a County treasurer, Job and Family Services/Medicaid, Deputy Registrar, WIC, Department of Developmental Disability, State Mental Health Facilities, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Public High Schools, Vocational school and/or Offices in Public Colleges/Universities serving students with disabilities.
- On Monday, April 8, 2019, if a Board of Election is conducting a primary election on May 7, 2019, the Board of Election will remain open until 9:00 p.m. for the purposes of voter registration.
In-Person Absentee Voting Hours
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 marks the first day of in-person absentee voting and the first day of absentee voting by mail.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - Friday, April 26, 2019 (Monday - Friday)
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 29, 2019 - Friday, May 3, 2019 (Monday - Friday)
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 5, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 6, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Absentee Voting by Mail & In-Person
- All voters in areas holding a primary election may begin voting, Tuesday, April 9 (first day after the close of registration) via in person or by mail-in absentee ballot.
- For more information, visit MyOhioVote.com.