Four Days Until Election Day and Ohioans are Setting Records
IMPORTANT NOTE: As reported earlier this week, 2.2 million Ohioans have already cast their ballot for the 2020 general election – already setting a record for the most early & absentee votes ever in state history. These numbers will be updated on Monday evening, ahead of Election Day. As a reminder, ballots postmarked by Nov. 2 and received within 10 days after the election will be included in the final official results that must be certified by the Secretary by November 28th.
On Saturday, Secretary LaRose visited the Medina County Board of Elections to check out their early voting center and see their preparations for Eleciton Day.
Secretary LaRose joined Fox news correspondent Kevin Corke to highlight the record number of early voters in Ohio. Click here to watch.
Secretary LaRose participated in Governor DeWine’s weekly press conference to offer an update on the state of the election and to give voters an important reminder.
The Secretary met with Sima Merick,Executive Director of the Ohio Emergency Management Agency, and Tom Stickrathat, Director of the Ohio Department of Public Safety at the state's Emergency Operations Center. The Secretary of State’s office partners with the Ohio EMA and the Ohio Department of Public Safety to ensure readiness for any potential issues that may arise throughout the election.
Secretary LaRose met with a delegation of visitors to Ohio from DemocracyWin.org to discuss with them fairness, transparency, and accuracy of elections here in Ohio.
On Tuesday, a grand jury in Cleveland indicted two men on felony voter intimidation charges connected to a robocall campaign. We don’t tolerate voter intimidation in Ohio, and we are proud of the role we played in helping to make sure these two face justice. If you hear of ANY voter intimidation, report it to us at [email protected].
The Bigplay Reflog Show brought Secretary LaRose on to talk about the Battle of Ohio – Browns vs Bengals… and of course voting! Click here to see Secretary LaRose’s important message.
IMPORTANT ELECTION INFORMATION:
- Total Ballots Cast: 2,175,256
- Absentee Ballots Applications Received: 3,173,586
- Ballots Cast Early In Person: 743,130
- Poll Worker Tracker: 56,789 committed poll workers statewide
ELECTION DAY INFORMATION:
- Saturday, October 31st from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1st from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 2nd from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3rd polls are open from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to find your polling location.
- Zoomed in with the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky African American Chamber-Commerce to talk about disinformation and the election.
- Spoke with the Asian Indian Alliance on the steps we are taking to ensure voter and poll worker safety on Election Day.
- Recorded a podcast with Cincinnati.com reporters on how the Ohio Secretary of State's Office is releasing outstanding absentee ballots on Election Night. Click here to listen.
- Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson and Secretary LaRose joined the U.S. Chamber Foundation to educate the public on how the electoral system is designed to work
- Secretary LaRose and Ohio State Glenn College Dean Trevor Brown addressed the Glenn College Leadership Forum on the importance of election security and democracy.