Ohio Leads Debate on Election Takeover Bill
Passage of HR 1 would bring chaos to elections systems nationwide. Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose spoke with Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent for the Washington Examiner, to explain why bipartisan election officials from around the country are speaking out against this harmful legislation.
Secretary LaRose used April Fool’s Day to point out the almost laughable provisions included in HR 1. Read his full tweet thread here.
Making Life Safer for Domestic Abuse Survivors
Secretary LaRose testified in support of HB 93, legislation that expands our Safe at Home address confidentiality program. Updates include further home address protections from other government documents, such as home purchase filings. Watch the secretary's full testimony here.
The Secretary toured the Lighthouse, a shelter in Lancaster that houses entire families as they build a new, safer life. Staff discussed the profound impact Safe at Home has on survivors they serve after they leave the shelter and the need for the changes included in HB 93. If you or someone you know could benefit from the Safe at Home program, visit www.SafeatHomeOhio.gov.
Building Security with National Partners
With the consistent threat of cyberattacks, Secretary LaRose joined a nationwide partnership to help state and local government leaders form better cyber posture through threat training. Ohio has set a new national standard for cybersecurity and through this new partnership with Google and the National Cybersecurity Center, Ohio’s model can be shared nationwide. Read more about this partnership here.
Important Election Dates and Reminders
- Deadline to register to vote for the May Primary: April 5th
- Early voting for the May Primary starts: April 6th
- Election Day for the May Primary: May 4th
- The Secretary met with local business leaders of the Pickerington Chamber of Commerce to discuss economic development in the area.
- Secretary LaRose attended a business roundtable with representatives from various tourism companies to discuss the challenges and new opportunities for businesses in the Hocking Hills area. Read more here.
- While in Lima, Secretary LaRose spoke to the Allen County Chamber of Commerce about the work we are doing to support entrepreneurship by connecting business leaders with resources they need to be successful.
- The Secretary also visited Wannamacher Total Logistics, a major employer in Lima, and toured their new facility.