Vax and Vote
Secretary of State Frank LaRose visited the Hamilton County Board of Elections, which collaborated with the Hamilton County Department of Health to offer residents the choice to vote and receive their vaccination at the same location. This “Vax and Vote” idea started with Jackie, a Hamilton County voter who reached out on social media with the innovative idea. Watch the full story behind this program here!
All-time Record Month for New Business Filings
This March broke an all-time monthly record with 19,694 new business filings. This is a 47% increase from one year ago in March 2020. Those looking to start a new business should take advantage of quick and easy online filing through Ohio Business Central by visiting OhioBusinessCentral.gov.
Spotlighting Lawn and Garden Businesses
Secretary LaRose announced the April business spotlight featuring Ohio lawn and garden businesses. Many of these businesses started with an idea, took root with countless hours of hard work, and have now grown to serve thousands of Ohioans across the state. Check it out at OhioSoS.gov/Spotlight.
Important Election Dates & Reminders:
Early Voting Hours Next Week:
- Monday, April 26th – Friday, April 30th from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1st from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Learn how to request an Absentee Ballot by visiting VoteOhio.gov.
Election Day for the May Primary: Tuesday, May 4th
- The Secretary hosted a virtual meeting with his Diversity and Empowerment Council to get their feedback about various election issues.
- Secretary LaRose spoke to the Ohio Chamber of Commerce to update them on the work being done to ensure a prosperous economy for all Ohioans.
- Secretary LaRose visited virtually with a 9th-grade class at the Columbus Torah Academy where he discussed the importance of voting and why he chose public service.
- The Secretary keynoted the Virtual Northeast Ohio Junior Achievement Entrepreneurs Challenge and Expo.
- Secretary LaRose provided an election and business update to the Impact Ohio Akron Canton Regional Conference.