Building on Ohio’s successful elections
Ohio is ready for secure online absentee ballot requests and a more automated voter registration system. When crafting legislation that will impact our elections, we have to listen to the experts — and that includes our bipartisan election officials all over the state. This week, the Secretary visited with election officials from Warren, Wood, Auglaize, and Montgomery County boards of elections to discuss the new legislation. Watch the video featuring leaders from two county boards below.
Connecting with Entrepreneurs
Small business is the backbone of our economy and Ohio entrepreneurs are starting new businesses all over the state at a record pace. In addition to terrific small business roundtables in Tiffin and Springfield this week, the Secretary continued his trips around Ohio by participating in the Greater West Dayton Business Incubator Advisory Council Roundtable. While there he met with some of the Incubator’s inspiring entrepreneurs to discuss resources available to start and grow businesses in Ohio. Watch this video to learn more.
Inspiring Future Leaders
The Secretary again joined high school students from all over Ohio for the Youth Leadership Association’s 70th Annual Ohio Youth in Government Program. As the keynote for their luncheon, he spoke about the importance of civic participation and what led him to devote his life to public service.
Another Special Election is on the way!
On Monday, Governor DeWine set the official dates for Ohio’s 15th Congressional District Special Election. Click here to learn all the important details!
Important Election Dates & Reminders:
Early Voting Hours Next Week:
- Saturday, May 1st from 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Sunday, May 2nd from 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Monday, May 3rd from 8:00 am–2:00 pm
Election Day for the May Primary: Tuesday, May 4th. As usual, the polls are open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm with the same nationally-recognized health and safety protocols in place that we had last November to ensure voters and poll workers alike are safe!
- Secretary LaRose spoke to the Tiffin Chamber/Seneca Economic Development Roundtable about what resources may be available for businesses to help them start and succeed.
- Secretary LaRose delivered the keynote speech virtually for the Ohio Realtors Annual Conference.
- The Springfield Chamber of Commerce hosted the Secretary at their office in Springfield to discuss ideas to help new businesses succeed and help existing businesses grow!
- The Secretary was honored to meet with the new Pickaway County Sheriff Matthew O. Hafey to discuss the role county sheriffs play in creating a safe environment for poll workers and voters alike.