Meeting with Ohio's Boards of Elections
This week, Secretary of State Frank LaRose visited the Athens and Carroll County Boards of Elections. These visits provide the Secretary an opportunity to listen to the bipartisan election professionals working at our county boards and get their perspectives & insights on administering elections at the county level. Among the topics discussed, the Secretary congratulated the boards for their work in helping make Ohio’s recent elections so successful, and highlighted areas in which the state can continue to collaborate with the boards to ensure Ohio remains a national leader in secure and accessible elections.
Secretary LaRose visits the Athens County Board of Elections
Secretary LaRose meets "Pumpkin the elections cat" at the Athens County Board of Elections
Secretary LaRose visits the Carroll County Board of Elections
Recognizing Ohio's Innovators and Job Creators
While in southeast Ohio, Secretary LaRose visited Stirling Ultracold in Athens. Stirling’s ultra-cold freezers have been a critical part of the global fight against the pandemic. Their innovative technology ensures the Covid-19 vaccines are stored at the correct temperature, helping to provide for the vaccine’s rapid international distribution. The Secretary toured the facility, spoke with Stirling employees about their roles in the company’s success, and presented a proclamation from the State of Ohio honoring their work and innovation.
Secretary LaRose tours Stirling Ultracold, Athens Co.
Important Election Dates & Reminders:
- July 6th: Deadline for voter registration for Aug. 3 special election
- August 3rd: Special Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- October 4th: Deadline for voter registration for the Nov. 2 general election
- November 2nd: General Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Secretary LaRose met with the Zanesville-Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce to discuss the importance of entrepreneurship as a means to creating jobs and prosperity in the area and the work he is doing to ensure secure and accurate elections in Ohio.
- The Secretary met with the remarkable team at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio. This group has been essential to the growth of the Appalachian region through their efforts to create opportunity for countless Ohioans.
- Secretary LaRose toured the new facility of Kimble Recycling & Disposal in Dover to learn more about their successful operations and their commitment to environmental stewardship.