Celebrating Another Record-Breaking Month for Business Filings
Ohio has once again defied expectations by recording another monthly record in new business filings with 22,176 new business filings in the month of April, rocketing past 20,000 for the first time in Ohio history. Despite the formidable headwinds posed by the Covid-19 pandemic and the uncertainty over Ohio's economy, new business filings continue to exceed the previous year's record pace.
Secretary LaRose praised the bold and courageous Ohioans who defied the odds by creating a business amid a time of tremendous economic unease: "I continue to be impressed by the resiliency and grit of Ohioans and their industrious, entrepreneurial spirit and am proud to live in a state that encourages and collaborates with our next generation of job creators.” Read more about April's record-setting month by clicking here.
Ohioans looking to start a new business should take advantage of quick and easy online filing by visiting OhioBusinessCentral.gov.
Honoring Ohio's Innovators Past and Present during National Inventors Month
May is National Inventors Month, and no other state can compare to Ohio’s contributions to the uniquely American entrepreneurial spirit.
“I’m always amazed at the innovative business ideas coming from Ohioans,” said LaRose. “It is especially gratifying that inventors and entrepreneurs are choosing to chase their dreams here at home, utilizing the vast business and technology resources we have all over the state.”
This week, Secretary LaRose recognized the ingenuity of a number of successful Ohio businesses as part of his monthly Ohio Business Spotlight, highlighting the innovation and work of the following remarkable companies:
- NelDerm (Strongsville)
- Touch Up Cup (Cincinnati)
- Stirling Ultracold (Athens)
- GhostWave Inc. (Columbus)
Meeting with Ohio Business Leaders and Job Creators
On Thursday, Secretary LaRose participated in a roundtable discussion with business leaders from the Wyandot Chamber of Commerce in Upper Sandusky. The Secretary continues to travel the state and meet with Ohio's job creators to thank them for helping to strengthen our economy and to share information about resources that may be available to Ohioans wanting to create a business.
Secretary LaRose discussed the importance of entrepreneurism and job creation with Wyandot Chamber of Commerce business leaders
(courtesy ofthe Daily Chief-Union)
Important Election Dates and Reminders
- July 6th: Deadline for voter registration for the Aug. 3 special election
- August 3rd: Special Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- October 4th: Deadline for voter registration for the Nov. 2 general election
- November 2nd: General Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Secretary spoke virtually to the 2021 class of Leadership Ohio, the state's state’s most prestigious and longest-running statewide leadership program, providing his insights on the myriad issues impacting Ohio and national elections. Discover more about Leadership Ohio and its participants here.
- Secretary LaRose welcomed the virtual attendees of the 2021 Cybersecurity Workshop and regional conference, sponsored by the USC Annenberg Center on Communication Leadership and Policy. The Secretary shared best practices and lessons learned in defending our elections systems from cyber attacks during Ohio's historically successful 2020 election. Learn more about the program here.