Breadcrumb Navigation

Minister Licenses

General Information About Minister Licenses

As governed by Ohio Revised Code Chapter 3101, the Ohio Secretary of State issues a license to an ordained minister of any religious society or congregation that authorizes the minister to solemnize marriages in Ohio.  To obtain the license issued by the Secretary of State, please complete the Minister License Application (PDF) Minister License Application or file your application online.  The application requires a copy of your credentials from the religious society or congregation and a fee of $10.00.