- Consult an attorney or Ohio Revised Code Chapter 3101 for information on legal requirements.
- Obtain the application (PDF) or contact our office at (614) 466-8770 to have the application mailed to you.
- Complete the application:
- The name of the minister provided on the application must match the name of the minister on the attached credentials.
- Please provide the applicant’s mailing address and an email address and/or telephone number which will be used to contact you if there are questions regarding the application.
- Please provide the name of the Religious Society or Congregation. The religious society or congregation name on the application must match the name on the credentials.
- Please attach a clear copy of the minister’s credentials issued from the religious society or congregation. Credentials may come in the form of a certificate or a letter. The credentials must state the applicant is a regularly ordained or licensed minister of the religious society or congregation.
- Enclose the required filing fee of $10.00 in a check or money order made payable to “Ohio Secretary of State.”
Mail or deliver application to:
Ohio Secretary of State
22 North Fourth Street
Columbus, OH 43215