The Ohio Secretary of State Internship Program
PAIR YOUR PASSION WITH PUBLIC SERVICE!
As Secretary of State, Frank LaRose is working to deliver a thriving democracy and a prosperous economy for all Ohioans. In supporting this mission, our office is charged with ensuring Ohio’s voting process is secure, accurate and accessible. We also serve as the sole authority to receive and approve articles of incorporation for Ohio businesses.
Students exploring careers in political science, research, law, policy, or government, can gain valuable experience working with a statewide officeholder while earning course credit. Problem solvers are in high demand, and you can stand out among other job candidates and bring unique talents to government roles.
Summer 2022 Semester
- Resumes are accepted through March 11, 2022.
- Announcement of final selections will be made by the beginning of April 2022.
- Summer 2022 Internships begin in the beginning of June 2022.
Fall 2022 Semester
- Resumes are accepted through June 30, 2022.
- Announcement of final selections will be made by mid-July 2022.
- Fall 2022 Internships begin at the beginning of August 2022.
About The Program
The Ohio Secretary of State’s internship program offers talented and highly-motivated college students with firsthand experience in state government, elections administration, and public service. Interns will have unique opportunities to network with talented professionals, develop their professional skills, and assist with projects and initiatives that make a positive impact on our state. The selection process for this internship is competitive, and to be eligible applicants should possess:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service
- Evidence of leadership ability and potential for growth
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team