College Voters

Entering College?

Voting in Your Hometown Election

Though you may be living on or near campus during the school year, you can participate in your hometown elections even from out of state. You can do so by maintaining your permanent home address as your voting residence and casting your ballot by: 

Plan ahead before you go away to school. You can request your absentee ballot NOW from your hometown county board of elections to vote. 

Voting from Your Campus Address
You may be able to vote from your campus address. Please review the residency requirements for voter registration or contact your county board of elections to discuss your specific circumstances.

If you are eligible and choose to vote in the election from your campus community, you must fill out a new voter registration form at least 30 days prior to the election using your campus address. This will cancel your hometown registration as you can only vote once in any given election.

Leaving College?

Exams, graduation, moving, finding good jobs and internships -- You have a lot of important things to think about, especially at this time of year.

Whether you are moving out or moving on, make sure you take a couple of minutes to update your voter registration. This will ensure you can vote with ease in the next election.

Simply choose your option below based upon your plans and best wishes with wherever they take you!