Styling for Democracy. Now Vote!
Dear Fellow Ohioan,
I’m Secretary of State Frank LaRose, the chief elections officer in Ohio. We need your help to make sure every voice can be heard in Ohio's elections. There are nearly 4,000 polling locations in our state on Election Day and, especially during the pandemic, we need over 35,000 Ohioans to be poll workers on Election Day.
This is where you come in. For generations, beauty salons and barber shops have served as special places – as much a social hub as they are an economic engine. They are places not only to get hair care services but sanctuaries where neighbors can discuss politics and the issues of importance in the community. Therefore, I am encourging your staff and students to sign up to be poll workers, register their family and friends to vote, and educate the community on requesting and completing absentee ballots.
Click here to download a poster (PDF) to display in a prominent location in your establishment. More assets will be sent in the coming weeks as we prepare our communities to be ready for November.
Sign up today at VoteOhio.gov/DefendDemocracy and join the team to help ensure our elections remain fair and strong.
If you have any questions, please contact Monique Moore at 614.254.4507 or [email protected]
Elections and Voting Resources
- Restore Your Right to Vote (PDF)
- Safe at Home
- Voting in Ohio, Easy as 1, 2, 3 (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Application
Ohio Secretary of State Business Resources
- Start a Corporation in Ohio (PDF)
- Start a Limited Liability Company in Ohio (PDF)
- Start a Nonprofit Organization in Ohio (PDF)
- Start a Partnership in Ohio (PDF)
- File Secured Transactions in Ohio (PDF)
- Start a Sole Proprietorship in Ohio (PDF)
- Quick-Start for Your Business (How to create your business - a checklist) (PDF)
- Register Your Trademark or Service Mark in Ohio (PDF)
- Business ID Theft