A Positive Step Towards Making Ohio Ready for November
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose released the following statement today upon passage of HB 680 by the Ohio House of Representatives. HB 680 was introduced by State Representative Cindy Abrams (R-Harrison). In partnership with the Ohio Association of Election Officials, LaRose has been working with members of the legislature to ensure Ohio is Ready for November.
Watch Secretary LaRose's statement on the passage of HB 680 by clicking below.
On June 1, Secretary LaRose and Hamilton County Election Officials met with Rep. Abrams at Price Hill Chili in Cincinnati to discuss ways to improve HB 680.
BACKGROUND ON HB 680:
- Uses federal dollars to send each Ohio voter an absentee ballot request form
- Expands the absentee request deadline to allow more time for mail delivery
- Keeps election workers and voters healthy by allocating federal funding to pay for safety equipment
- Directs federal funding to recruit and train new poll workers
- Empowers county boards of elections to boost their election infrastructure to better prepare for the November election